MaxMD’s Encryption as a Service (EaaS®) configuration is the ideal choice for hospitals, ambulatory EHR vendors with native mail capabilities, long-term care hospitals, patient portal vendors, and Legacy HIT applications or SMTP end points.
A scalable, interoperable, and sustainable solution, EaaS® enables senders to meet the Meaningful Use (MU) Stage 2 summary of care measure while extending secure communications to patients, colleagues and business associates via the Nationwide Health Information Network (NwHIN).
- Interoperability: EaaS® via MaxMD’s HISP can be used to interoperate with 100% of the HISPs in the Direct Trust Accredited Trust Bundle. Even if the sender and receiver are in organizations with different HISPs and running unique HIT applications, their messages will still be processed in either a machine-readable or human-readable form. To avoid any possibility of data blocking, MaxMD allows clients to customize their own Trust Relationships; unaccredited HISP’s certificates can be added to a client’s own unique trust bundle with the completion of proper documentation.
- Industry Compliance: MaxMD fully adheres to work policies and security procedures that are consistent with ISO 27002 as well as the requirements of HIPAA, HITECH, Direct Project and the Certificate Policies and Practices of DirectTrust.org.
- Rapid implementation: Typical implementations require less than 10 days, with our fastest rollout clocked at 2 hours. MaxMD’s easy Implementation Checklist and dedicated team will guide you through every step of the process.
- Platform agnostic: EaaS® easily integrates into EHRs, mail servers, and any other healthcare technology application that wants to interoperate and exchange PHI with the fast growing Direct Network. MaxMD supports XD* and all standard edge protocols.
- Payload agnostic: With EaaS®, you have ability to send and receive both structured and unstructured data, such as CCDs, with the highest standards of encryption and decryption. The Direct Protocol opens up a wide array of use cases above and beyond the basic Meaningful Use requirements.
- Seamless execution: There is no need to modify existing services or invest in additional technology to benefit from EaaS®. Encryption is transparent for end users and integration is seamless, resulting in zero workflow disruption.